Tuesday 20 March, 2012 at 2:59 am / 0 comment
Really? But isn’t this all about romance? Absolutely! But once you find yourselves weighed down with details and decisions, lists and then longer lists, it’s easy to lose sight of the romance that brought you together in the first place. Our mission it to help you add sweet, sentimental surprises along the way!
–Schedule “date nights” during your engagement where you don’t plan one thing. Focus on the two of you over a quiet dinner at your favorite bistro.
– If your schedules allow, plan an entire weekend — hiking, sun-worshipping or whatever your shared hobby is — where again, you don’t make a single wedding-related decision!
–Choose sentimental wedding gifts for each other and carve out a quiet time to exchange them: A favorite classic book, a music box that plays your song, a watch engraved with “forever” or your favorite couple photograph matted and framed for your new home.
–Send each other handwritten notes (with flowers, even better!) that arrive while you’re dressing for the ceremony,
– Arrange for a half hour together before the ceremony (it can actually ease those wedding jitters to have seen each other!) or directly afterwards if you prefer, where you share a sip of champagne in private and savor your first moments as newlyweds. Many couples schedule time with the photographer –for just the bride and groom — right after the ceremony, sneaking outdoors for candid shots before going into the reception.
– Ask your caterer to pack a newlyed basket of goodies from the reception for you two to share on your wedding night. Chances are you won’t have eaten a bite at the reception anyway, and of course the basket will include champagne for toasting.
– If you’re not traveling on the official honeymoon for another day or two, sneak away on your wedding night to a cozy inn nearby or a charming bed-and-breakfast; better still, only tell one close friend where you’re going …. just in case of emergency.
– Relive your dream day often via the fabulous photos or videos and share your favorite memories of the day you worked so hard to plan!